"Island Spell" by Wendy Whatmore

I am wrapped in a strange enchantment,
Caught in an island spell,
Snared by an age-old magic
Of a love no words can tell.

Not for me the far-away places,
Not for me the thirst to roam,
The tug at my hungry heartstrings
Is the call of my island home.

I am drowned in her great, green waters,
Burnt by her golden sun,
Dazed by her starry heavens
When her purple dusks are done

I have drunk the wine of her moonlight,
I have lain at her breast thro the years,
I have shared her joys and her laughter,
I have bled with her sorrow's tears.

I have lain on her yellow beaches
With my ear to a fragile shell,
And heard in its low sweet murmur
My wordless island spell.



4 comments:

  1. I'm a Sri Lankan, and this describes Sri Lanka perfectly. RIP Wendy Whatmore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. David Topper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. indian visa online

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I've never been to this site before, but after going through some of the posts I realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often. visa for India from Australia, Yes you can apply for Indian visa from Australia. You can fill out your visa application online within 5 to 10 minutes and pay the cost of Indian visa for Australian & you can get your visa in 3 to 5 business days.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts